Saturday, February 18, 2006

GM: The rest of the story

Last Monday, our team met before the game to discuss our strategy. I gave our player the opportunity to apologize to the coaches and to the team. After his apology, I took a moment to comment on why we permitted him to return to the team. "God has forgiven me for the many mistakes I make in my life. He has given me a second chance. We want to extend the same kind of grace and forgiveness to this player as well." We ask you to pray that this act of grace will cause our players to consider the forgiveness given by God. Pray also that we will continue to set a positive example to our players.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my first experience with a blog. How wonderful that you extended grace to your player.
We will continue to remember you and your team.