Sunday, October 15, 2006

Making the World a Safer Place

I came across this quote a while back and in light of the numerous events in recent weeks around the globe, we become more aware of how true this statement is.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it." (Albert Einstein)

Yet, despite what we see around the world, we are not dismayed for our trust is in the words of our Lord and Savior who said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (Jn 14:27)

So, what can we do? Without oversimplifying, let me suggest 3 things: The first two are found in Matt. 22:37-39:
1."Love the Lord your God with all your heart ... soul ... and mind ... and ...
2. love your neighbor as yourself."
3. Paul suggests in I Thes. 5:17 "Pray continually."

Obvious?
Certainly!
Easy?
Not by our own strength!!
But we are not alone. We have a great cloud of witnesses who have modeled this pattern (Heb 11-12).

May we all be found faithful in following their examples.

Posted by GM



No comments: